A “Christmas social media” post is a content piece shared on social media platforms specifically themed around the Christmas holiday. The general idea is to celebrate the holiday season, often using Christmas-related imagery evoking the spirit of Christmas. Whether formal or lighthearted, these posts align with the brand’s tone and values while showcasing a more personable or festive side to connect with the audience on an emotional level.
Apart from fostering a positive relationship with the audience, Christmas social media posts can serve as a means to engage followers, encourage interactions (likes, comments, shares), and potentially increase brand visibility during the holiday season.
Examples of Christmas social media posts:
- Warm holiday greetings tailored to the audience
- Stories or anecdotes related to the holiday season
- Promotions, discounts, or giveaways tied to the festive period
- Sharing user-generated content related to Christmas celebrations
- Behind-the-scenes looks at how the organisation celebrates the holidays
How to a Christmas social media post
Christmas social post
- Personalise Your Greeting: Begin your post with a warm and personalised greeting. Address your members directly, acknowledging their importance to your organisation.
- Express Festive Cheer: Embrace the festive spirit! Use cheerful emojis (🎄✨🎅) and holiday-themed visuals to convey the Christmas vibe.
- Gratitude and Acknowledgment: Express gratitude for your members’ support and contribution throughout the year. Acknowledge their role in making your organisation what it is.
- Warm Wishes and Well-Wishes: Extend heartfelt wishes for a merry and joyful Christmas. Use warm phrases such as “May your holidays be filled with happiness and laughter” or “Wishing you peace, love, and joy this Christmas season.”
- Include Your Organisation’s Signature: Sign off the post with your organisation’s name or the team’s signature to reinforce the personal touch.
- Visual Appeal: Add a festive image or GIF that resonates with the Christmas theme. Visuals can significantly enhance the impact of your message. You might consider creating your own seasonal image (see below).
Christmas social post images
If you have a designer, get them on board with your idea. If not use social media image creator like Canva.com to create something special.
Post your Christmas social media post
Post your holiday themed message on every channel your active on. Don’t forget to thank anyone who comments or likes your Christmas post and wish them Happy Holidays!
Have you tried this quick win?
Was it easy to follow? Did it take more than 5 minutes and has it had any impact (so far)? Share your thoughts and help other membership organisations achieve their Membership goals.
Channel: Social Marketing